Tuesday, December 02, 2008

December - Almost a New Year.

Wow, Its December. Where does time go? Seriously, this year has been a complete whirlwind! My wedding season has come to an end and I am enjoying some much needed time off to spend with family, its such a fun time of year.
At the beginning of 2008 I set myself some goals. Some I have met and some...not so much. One of my goals was to blog more often, at least 80% of my shoots. Yeah, that didnt happen! I think I have at least 15 weddings, and over 30 portrait shoots that never got blogged! If you're a client that never got blogged, its not because I dont love you and you know it :)
Another goal I had was to start shooting more than just weddings. It has ALWAYS been a passion of mine to work in editorial photography and makeup. Well, I've started! I am finishing up my classes at Taylor Andrews Academy and I will be adding makeup and hair design to my resume in 2009. I hope to possibly have a new and seperate website for those things.
Of course I will still be primarily shooting weddings though! I love my clients :)
Just fun to have one more thing you love as your job!
I got to do makeup on some models a few weeks ago and it was such an AMAZING experience. If I get some of the photos in my hands I'll have to share!

I have some really exciting things coming up in the next year. A wedding in Cancun, a trip to Las Vegas, my bridal shows, hopefully a new blog, my OWN WEDDING!, some new products, a website update, and some high set goals for myself to achieve. Wish me luck! I'll need it :)

I hope you all have some really fun plans for the holidays, and that you had a great Thanksgiving!
I'll try and post some recent stuff as well as personal pictures of the holidays, thats always fun. I leave to spend Christmas with Logan and his family in a couple weeks, so my studio will be closed from the 20-29th.

23 days until Christmas! Yay!

No comments: